Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hot Air Balloon Fiesta - 2013


Last Feb 24, (this year of course) I had my first out of town for this snakey year. J Well, actually I had a dayhike climb to Mt. Batulao last Feb. 16 but it was already my second climb so it wasn’t really that exciting though it was fun and tiring at the same time because I was on a night shift the friday night and went straight on hiking for the whole Saturday. Well, I didn’t consider it an out of town because we didn’t have  a sidetrip in tagaytay. L Ok, so before this blog talks about my Batulao climb instead, let me go back to my or our first Hot Air Balloon Adventure. I was with my girl friend Tal and her sister Mary and it was the first time for all the three of us to witness this festival.

We thought we were a little late (the event starts at 6:30 am) because as soon as we moved past the gate the first balloon flew, after a while though we realized that the spot we where in was actually a good vantage point because all the balloons were suppose  to pass that way. A little tip for those who want to see this in the next year – you don’t have to get closer to fence unless of course you want to take bigger pictures of the balloon. Nevertheless, our eyes feasted on the fancy decorated hot air balloons (not the balloons that I thought the air blows away but they had pilots). Humpy Dumpy, the sunflower, the Firefighter Truck and the tulips were the Balloons that stood out for me. I felt sad for the elephant shaped balloon (from Guam if I remembered it correctly) though because it wasn’t able to fly, maybe because they were not able to fill it’s trunk with air as it wasn’t that windy ( don’t take this seriously as I hae no idea how to fly a Hot Air Balloon :D). There were also skydivers who graced the event (I am dying to try this God-willing) but the real Darling of the show was the Breitling Jet team performing Aviation Tricks (or whatever that was called) which makes me want to marry a pilot. I mean they were close to perfect; they made formations they called criss cross formation, the avenger formation and some parts were jets crossed opposite each other in a very dangerous distance you’d think at any moment they’d collide. They also made their jets fly in a really straight vertical direction and make it go down in the same way, I can’t imagine how they learned that. It must be very uncomfortable or impossible to pilot a jet while it swirls around – and I will never be able to do that – I’ll just climb mountains to experience the cheaper but equally rewarding kind of high.

After the Breitling Jet team, viewers who brought their kites along with them were given their chance to play around. We felt that we had more then what we paid for (250PHP) with just the Jet Show, so we decided to go home early as it was scorching hot and we were not very interested on their noon events we decided it’s time to go back to the metro.

Below is how you can get to Clark’s Omni Aviation Complex assuming you are from Cubao:
Ride a bus to Dau (Victory Liner)and from there ask around where you can ride a jeep bound to Clark Main Gate and from there you need to ride another jeep that will take you to the Aviation Complex. If you’re bringing your own car use your GPS. :P

Below is the link to their official website:
This is basically my first travel blog ( a project for my Online writing subject which I decided to continue) – a plan I had for a long time now, so forgive any grammar errors, paragraph/sentence construction and any other errors. I blog for fun and to share my adventures (whatever) because someone once told me, the greatest story of your life is the one written by you. 

enojoy these few pictures, i'll be uploading a video of the most amazingBreitling Jet Team soon (ran out of time, sorry)






No comments:

Post a Comment